What Dance gave me?

What Dance gave me?


Well, this is the question which every dancer should ask herself/ himself one day…I am sure first of all it will definitely give a smile on his/ her face no doubt :)

Dance has given immense happiness to each and every person who has tried attempting to stamp his or her feet on any beat. Irrespective of the form, dance teaches us a lot of things. Right from learning basic steps until when you reach an advanced stage. The very first lesson dance taught me is discipline, not only about how to behave after entering in dance class till you leave but also about how to respect our tradition, our culture, our elders and most importantly our Gurus which will stay lifelong with me. Nowadays, respect for our elders, teachers/ Gurus is rare, its very sad, but I have observed it in many places, in younger generations especially. Here I feel, the role and attitude of parents play a very important role.
Dance also teaches us how different emotions have an effect on our mind and body and also how to express them on stage. But I must accept here that I have also learnt how to overcome bad or sometimes sad emotions and thoughts through dance. Yes, I have experienced it and I am sure many of us have also. Dance doesn’t allow us to remain in a sad state of mind for a longer time, it disappears even with the enchanting sound of ghungroos (our dancing bells) or any melodious piece of music and literally demands to join the journey of happiness. Thus it teaches us emotions management we can say isn't it?
It also gives positive energy to move ahead in our life and face whatever comes in front of us and deal with it with full power and win.
Dance also teaches us discipline about how to take care and listen to our body. Proper diet and suitable exercises which will help in improving stamina as well as flexibility are musts. We are going to discuss this in detail in upcoming articles of this blog. So keep reading!

Comments

  1. Hi, nice article. I am also a bharatnatyam dancer and I am very much thankful to my parents for supporting me and my Gurus for teaching me this art form which has changed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone who is dancing

THE BEST RECIPE FOR SUCCESS IN MARKETING

Perpixel Digital Services